Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sex-ed curriculum opponent accused of homophobia


Ontario Tory leadership candidate Monte McNaughton is defending himself from allegations he was being homophobic when asserting it was the role of parents and not that of the premier — “especially Kathleen Wynne” — to decide what children are taught about sex in school.

Wynne, the province’s first openly gay premier, demanded McNaughton explain why she was unqualified.

“What is it that especially disqualifies me for the job that I’m doing? Is it that I’m a woman? Is it that I’m a mother? Is it that I have a master’s of education? Is it that I was a school council chair? Is it that I was the minister of education? What is it exactly that the member opposite thinks disqualifies me from doing the job,” Wynne said Tuesday.  (more...)


First principle at OISE: When you don't have a good argument, victimhood's the ticket.

1 comment:

  1. And I quote (with a minor tidy-up of grammar): "“What is it that especially disqualifies me for the job that I’m doing? Is it that I’m a woman? Is it that I’m a mother? Is it that I have a master’s of education? Is it that I was a school council chair? Is it that I was the minister of education? What is it exactly that the member opposite thinks disqualifies me from doing the job?”

    And I answer: "No, Kathleen. It is none of these things It is that your aim is not to properly educate our children but to indoctrinate them. To indoctrinate them so that they may more likely grow up to be like you and your friends, male and female (there is no other except in, thankfully, very rare cases where children are born with adren-genital sex syndrome) who now represent less then 2% of the population (and that is probably being way to generous). What you want is propaganda, what we want is"children first".

    It doesn't apply on your side of the Atlantic, but the European Convention on Human Rights sums it all up nicely. I refer you to ECHR, Protocol No.1 (of March 20, 1952)
    Article 2: "No person shall be denied the right to education. In the exercise of any functions which it assumes in relation to education and to teaching, the State shall respect the right of parents to ensure such education and teaching (be) in conformity with their own religions and philosophical convictions."

    Get that? It's the parents responsibility and right, stupid.

    ReplyDelete