Thursday, November 26, 2015

Forcillo tells court of ‘terror’ of streetcar confrontation with Yatim

Const. James Forcillo makes a gunpoint arrest at Kensington Market, captured in a cellphone video shown
to the jury at his murder trial Thursday.
This is what Const. James Forcillo has said so far about the moments leading up to the first three shots he fired at Sammy Yatim as the teen held a knife on an empty Dundas streetcar.

Forcillo arrived at the scene with his partner Const. Iris Fleckeisen and was told by a man that Yatim was still on the streetcar, Forcillo testified at his trial for second-degree murder and attempted murder.

“That’s when I get my first glimpse of Mr. Yatim. He’s showing me the knife, so at that point I draw my firearm,” he said, adding that this is exactly what his training says to do.

Yatim looked “very fit, very agile,” Forcillo said. “In my mind he looked capable of attacking me.”  (more...)


More coverage:


No comments:

Post a Comment