Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ireland: "Thy own wickedness shall reprove thee, and thy apostasy shall rebuke thee"

I brought you into the land of Carmel,
to eat the fruit thereof, and the best things thereof:
and when ye entered in, you defiled my land,
and made my inheritance an abomination. 
The priests did not say: Where is the Lord?
and they that held the law knew me not,
and the pastors transgressed against me:
and the prophets prophesied in Baal, and followed idols. ... 
If a nation hath changed their gods,
and indeed they are not gods:
but my people have changed their glory into an idol.
Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this,
and ye gates thereof, be very desolate, saith the Lord. ... 
Thy own wickedness shall reprove thee,
and thy apostasy shall rebuke thee.
 (more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment