Saturday, December 28, 2013

How Our Children Are Betrayed From One Generation To The Next


In a rather succinct book, Erin Pizzey gave the world a simple message that should have changed our society for the better. I will never forget the breathtaking sense of clarity I felt as I read its very first page. Her book was called “Prone to Violence”, and in it she documents her experience of running the first ever domestic violence refuge, Chiswick Women’s Aid, which she founded in 1971.

What she wrote seemed incredible to me at the time, but today it seems incredible that it wasn’t obvious before that moment. Indeed, I find incredible that it isn’t immediately obvious to everyone. I realise now, of course, that the reason for this is that our cultural narrative blinds us to the truth, and we must cut through this first.  (more...)



No comments:

Post a Comment