Thursday, December 12, 2013

Finding Fernanda: The Gay Variation

To be clear for readers, I am going to post this news about adoption not because I am an expert-advocate on adoption issues. Adoption issues, as I've learned, are incredibly complex and there is a host of advocacy groups working on reforming both adoption and foster care, abroad and domestically.

I am posting this because I find my struggle for children's rights increasingly entangled with adoption. Same-sex parenting advocates have routed increasing numbers of gay couples into the adoption system, particularly the global adoption system. During debates about same-sex parenting, a conversation-stopping canard repeats from the ligbitist advocates:

What if there is a baby nobody wants, and a loving gay couple is willing to care for it?  (more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment