Monday, September 23, 2013

Hook-up app Tinder catches fire on campus

“Hey babe, let’s meet up,” messages Brad after I swipe his hunk of a bod left across my iPhone screen. A few other hidden gems of Kelowna also received leftward swipes today on my new-found app. (Note: It’s absurd how many hicks and hockey players make up the local population.)

“Everyone has it,” insisted my roommate here at the University of British Columbia Okanagan. So, a couple of days ago, I got it too. Tinder is one of the fastest growing dating apps in the U.S and friends from UBC Vancouver to BCIT tell me they’ve had it for months (UBCO always seems a bit behind). It’s essentially Grindr for heterosexuals, with just locations, Facebook profile pictures, ages and first names. No hobbies, music or walks on the beach.

Shallow? Simple? Well, yeah.  (more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment