Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Why I Risked Prison to Shut Elbit Down

 

UK Britain military arms industry Elbit Systems Israel Palestine Action genocide justice activists Gaza

The co-founder of Palestine Action writes about her and fellow activists’ acquittal by a UK court for attempting to close down the Israeli arms firm’s operations in Britain.

During Israel’s intensified genocide of the Palestinian people, I was sitting in the dock of a court facing 11 charges for disrupting the production of weapons used to murder them. 

Between the eight of us on trial, there were 35 counts on the indictment to defeat. 

Whilst I was testifying in court, the prosecutor insisted that I took such action out of choice – this was not true. Yes, I took direct action out of my own free will, but there was no other viable option. 

Here’s what led me to that conclusion.  (more...)

Why I Risked Prison to Shut Elbit Down

Related:

The UK Companies Arming – and the People Resisting – the Occupation of Palestine

Flagship British Firms Set to Profit Amid Israel’s War on Gaza



No comments:

Post a Comment