Thursday, October 15, 2015

My Education Was A Complete Waste Of Time


Looking back at my thirteen years in the American public school system and four more years at the University Of Maryland, I have come to the realization that it was an utter waste. Nothing I do today which serves me in work, women, life, or leisure can be traced back to what I was taught in school. I must therefore conclude that being educated in America was the most harmful event in my life.

My parents pushed me hard into attending university. I didn’t question their well-intentioned urgings because I had no idea what else to do. I eventually picked microbiology out of a black hat, which served me for six years after college until quitting for good. On my visit to the States last year, the topic of my education came up in a conversation with my father. I remarked how I would have been better off not going to college.

“But university did help you,” he said. “It taught you how to think.”

I didn’t question his rebuttal at the time, but now I’m certain he was incorrect, because my education didn’t even teach me how to read or write.  (more...)


No comments:

Post a Comment