Monday, July 27, 2015

Victim speaks out about Britain's VIP paedophile ring


FOR Esther Baker, the idea of the existence of a paedophile ring involving some of the most rich and powerful in Britain, is not surprising. From the age of six she suffered years of sexual abuse, including rape, at the hands of a number of men - including two British politicians, she says.

Despite the horror she has suffered, she is shocked to learn that there were people in power who were aware of such abuse but failed to stop it.

“I knew it was happening, from my own experiences,” Baker told the Sunday Herald. “I was relieved to find out I wasn’t on my own, that I wasn’t the only person who was ready to come forward and speak about it.

“What struck me is when I found out how many people knew it was happening. It didn’t shock me it had happened - I was shocked that people were aware of it.”

Baker, from Merseyside, was one of the victims who spoke out on a documentary special by Australian current affairs programme 60 minutes aired last week, which reported sexual abuse allegedly carried out in Britain by past and current members of parliament, judges, diplomats, and some of the nation's highest officials against hundreds of young victims over the past four decades.  (more...)


Related:

Background:

No comments:

Post a Comment