Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Stuckless apologizes in court for manipulating, abusing sex assault victims


Gordon Stuckless, the man at the centre of a sex abuse scandal involving children at Maple Leaf Gardens, apologized to his victims today in court, telling them that he is “ashamed” of manipulating their trust.

Stuckless spoke during a sentencing hearing where the Crown attorney in the case is pushing a judge to sentence him to 12 years in prison for his crimes.

His lawyer, Ari Goldkind is expected to finish his submissions Thursday. He has not yet said how many years he thinks Stuckless should serve.

In 2014, the man was found guilty of 102 charges related to the sexual abuse of 18 boys that happened decades ago.

Stuckless admitted today that he used his victims’ trust to abuse them.

“To all of you I have abused in the past, I am ashamed and I am sorry for what I’ve done to you,” he said. “I took away your childhood by my abusing you. I befriended you, I also befriended some of your parents.

“I used manipulation and rewards to gain your trust. I used that trust to abuse you,” he said.  (more...)



More coverage:

No comments:

Post a Comment