Sunday, February 1, 2015

Psychopathic Behavior and Leaders


When talking to experienced persons during my seminars and conversations, I find some who have never heard of psychopathy, some whose knowledge of psychopathy ends with the fictional Hannibal Lecter, and some who have a vague memory from a course in college.  But the most interesting responses are always from those who have worked for a boss whom they thought was "crazy" and who are utterly confused by their experiences, just as I was when I first worked for a psychopath forty-nine years ago.  Statistically, about one-half of all workers will work for a psychopath within their lifetimes.  I have had both women and men come up to me in tears after a seminar, grateful to learn that there was an explanation for their devastating experiences.  Psychopathy is the world's worst and most destructive mental disorder, and ignorance is not bliss.  (more...)


Study question: Are psychopaths only found on the left?

No comments:

Post a Comment