Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ohio Catholic school fires teacher planning gay ‘marriage’: diocese strongly backs school

SANDUSKY, OH, January 15, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The Diocese of Toledo has issued a statement saying it “fully concurred” with a Catholic school's decision to fire an openly homosexual teacher for announcing his “engagement” to his boyfriend.

Brian Panetta, who taught band and choir for four-and-a-half years, left his position with Sandusky Central Catholic School on January 3. He has said the school allowed him to resign.

“I understand the church’s teachings, but I don’t agree with it," Panetta told the Toledo Blade.

On the day he resigned, Panetta wrote in a letter to the full student body and faculty, “As a proud and gay Catholic, I understand the Church’s teachings on marriage and agree that my engagement is a public statement of my position for marriage equality, which the Catholic Church does not yet support.”  (more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment