Thursday, May 4, 2017

Mistaken identity blamed as CAS take 6-year-old out of school


A Scarborough mother says her family was put through a terrifying afternoon after her six-year-old son was mistakenly pulled out of school and taken by the Children’s Aid Society for almost three hours Tuesday.

The woman, who CityNews has decided not to identify in order to protect the identity of the other child, said she was first alerted that something was wrong when she got an automated call from Walter Perry Public School informing her that her son was not in class.

“I called and I asked, ‘How is my son absent when I dropped him from school this morning?’” the mother said Wednesday.

The woman says she was then told by a staff member the boy’s grandmother had picked him up from school around noon. A quick check with the boy’s grandmother proved that was not the case.

“I nearly fainted four times,” she said. “That’s when I started to make my walk down to the school.”  (more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment