Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Shai Davidai at the University of Toronto Zionist Rally

 

Canada University of Toronto Zionists Shai Davidai racism oppression bigotry repression fascism

It was an alternate reality. A world where the University of Toronto was referred to as an antisemitic cesspool. A world where antisemitism was running wild on campus. That's what Shai Davidai told a crowd of fifty supporters. That's why he said he came to Toronto from New York City; to offer up a warning. As much as I tried to cover what he was saying though, his supporters kept blocking and harassing and getting physically violent. I was also subject to homophobic slurs. Now, I've covered dozens of pro-Palestinian solidarity rallies in Toronto over the years and never have I been subject to such vitriol and gay bashing. Wasn't this supposed to be the gay friendly crowd? The ones who keep telling us we will be thrown off roofs if we go to Gaza. Anyway, it was a spectacle to behold. The most maniacal thing about it too is that the person doing the gay bashing is a self-proclaimed lesbian herself. The women in the video who yells out "It's the dyke!" is none other than former Toronto Sun columnist, Sue-Ann Levy. A rag of a paper that is most often used to line one's cat litter box with. She chased me around all afternoon and was obsessed with my clothes and whether I would wear that out fit in Tehran. It made me think the morality police were after me and I was in Tehran.



No comments:

Post a Comment