Monday, September 19, 2016

Beyond the Threshold: A Life in Opus Dei

 Beyond the Threshold

Book Summary and Review by Tammy DiNicola

As soon as the book arrived, I eagerly began reading Beyond the Threshold, knowing that its words would be relevant to my own life as a former numerary member of Opus Dei.  Absorbingly written, Maria del Carmen Tapia’s Beyond the Threshold captivated me with the frightful picture it painted of Opus Dei.

Even though I had been involved with Opus Dei for nearly four years, I was still shocked by much of what I read in Tapia’s book.  In particular, the personality of the Founder which Tapia described was more abusive than I had ever imagined.

Though I was a member of Opus Dei much later than Tapia, I can verify that much of what happened behind closed doors during Tapia’s time in Opus Dei, still goes on to this day.  Tapia was an Opus Dei member from 1946 to 1966; I was a member from 1988 to 1990.  Amazingly, the book does not reflect bitterness or revenge; rather, it is filled with careful reflections and the wisdom acquired when many years lessen the pain of wounds inflicted years before.  (more...)


Related:


No comments:

Post a Comment